Thursday, March 3, 2011

I want summer

Photo Source
I am looking forward to the smell of fresh mowed grass.  I don't like to mow it...stuff flies up at you, I end up sun burned, covered in bug bite bumps and upset.  But after always after I do love the earthy-ness, the cleanliness of it all. The watery eyes admittedly are not so exciting.  They are the negative, the yin of the delightful grassy yang.

Photo Source
I am ready for summer storms.  They blow in on great cool winds.  Billowing clouds full of more shades of blue then any artist pallet girding the city anointing as they  pass through. Sure there is the occasional wily one setting off tornado alarms all the way across the metroplex, but it does liven it up.
Photo source
I am ready for flowers to bloom.  The heady scents fill the air with sweet smells, the perfume of summer.

Maybe I am ready to go back to working one job only.  I have hit the Thursday delirium.  Leaving at 6:30 am and getting home at 10:30 pm is old.  Maybe I am old.  Maybe I should not stay up till midnight writing.

The weekend is near.  I can't wait to get outside and see the sun without having my foot cocked above a safety break in a driver's education car.  I may go for a walk. I will hold my head up to the sun and feel my face warm as it burns.

Have a thoughtful Thursday everyone.

6 comments:

  1. This is so evocative! Freshly-mown grass, one of the best scents of new summer. I've just blogged about scent and memory in a post that has a few similarities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for Winter to be OVER!! I hate the cold right now. I would be with you on the freshly mowed grass if it weren't for my allergies.
    Happy Thursday buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for spring...summer gets a little too sweltering for me here. But please, no more snow! I'm over it. I'm ready to see some green (and I don't just mean money!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're making me sad about how here in Australia, summer has just ended, and it was an awfule summer too - so much rain and cold and floods and cyclones...

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sends bottled virtual sunshine your way* :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lord, wake up at 630A and don't get home until 1030P? Total dislike. Hope you get some rest this wknd!

    ReplyDelete