Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Write on Wednesday...linky please

One of my favorite bloggers, InkPaperPen, has a feature called Write on Wednesday. I have taken part pretty regularly...okay on occasion. She is still on her winter break...I miss her and it...   


Every week she is kind enough to provide us with a writing prompt and one of those awesome linky things that we can all post our wonderful post to.  The best part is the opportunity to meet new folks and see what everyone comes up with.


A friend of mine, Aunt J-Me Says So, decided that the wait was over and we needed to have our own Write on Wednesday.  She chose the following prompt: 


"Zig Ziglar, American author and motivational speaker, has some of the best quotes to encourage and inspire. Some make you think and then laugh at his point.CLICK HERE to find a quote you can write about. Put your quote at the top of your entry, set your timer for five minutes and WRITE!"


Photo Source

You cannot solve a problem until you acknowledge that you have one and accept responsibility for solving it.  
~Zig Ziglar

This could be the very lesson that God has been trying to teach me for the last ten years.  I can face some problems quickly and efficiently.  Others...I completely bury my head in the sand and ignore because if I don't see it they can't find me...right? 


I think this is why I love my dog, Snoop dog so much.  If you tell him it is bed time, his least favorite time of the day, he jumps on the sofa and shoves his head into the cushion. Cushions are soft, comforting, and don't forget oh so dark.  Basically the best place ever. 


I have been taking baby steps.  Step up on a scale.  Track what I eat.  Take my damn medicine. Eat healthy food. Stay away from bubbly sweet soda, soft warm cookies, and gooie creamy dishes. Think thin thoughts.       When it is warmer...it will transcend into taking long walks. 


What is important is I acknowledge the problem, and accept responsibility, and know that I am the only one that can solve it.  


How about you?  Join in the blog hop...with a link, and visit your fellow bloggers. 




1. Reflect with me

2. Aunt J-Me Says So

You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 6 days, 4 hrs, 8 min (1/19/2012 12:59 AM CST)

4 comments:

  1. You are so very awesome miss. I just cannot express my love fully. Thank you. I'm so proud of you but more importantly am thrilled you are proud of you. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Submit your beautiful link. Please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apologize...this linky thing is a complicated monster to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was
    once entirely right. This post truly made my day.
    You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

    my site :: visit the following post

    ReplyDelete