Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stretch out one wing at a time

Photo Source
Stretching out.  One wing at a time.

You know the more success that you have the more people will notice you.  And sometimes they are not so supportive.  There have been a couple of moments in life where I get it right.  You know, achieve "the" thing I have been striving for, for so long.  And my true friends rush in with cheers, high-fives, and brag on me till my cheeks ache from blushing.  I have some amazing friends.  But sometimes there are people who are not as happy.  It happens. I think it must have something to do with the universe and keeping life in balance.

I am always a bit surprised by them.  I am a nice person....this is according to my mother who has had to spend the most time with me and should know.  I am positive that she is not biased at all.  I know I have an off day, on occasion but overall...pretty easy going person. When I am met by this crowd of cranky pants it  throws me.  If I had a wish...I would wish that those that don't have anything nice to say would not say anything at all.  That was always what my mother would say when I was being a snarky teen.  I wish more people had heard the same. Just think...there would be no bullying, no cyber bullying  and there would probably a lot less depression in the world. Not only that but think about the things that people would achieve if they knew that others would not judge them for trying and possibly failing.

Random subject change: 
You know...this has been a pretty amazing summer.  I am closer than I have ever been to accomplishing  goals that I have had since I was a little girl.

I am writing more.  And it is true, the more you study a craft and all of its details the better you become.  Looking back at past work I am excited by my improvements and the basic level of skill.  Not to toot my own horn but toot, toot.

I am finding regular outlets for my creativity beyond writing.  I am taking pictures more, and have been dabbling in crafts again.  A friend of mine, super smart guy, said that the only true way to happiness is to do something for you everyday. I have completely embraced that this summer. I have joined a quilting club, and my super fantastic crocheting club is starting back up. Life is good.

What are you doing that makes you the most proud? 

(Give me a comment, would love to hear from you.)

1 comment:

  1. A good friend once said to me, not everybody is happy for your success! A sobering thought. And saddening too...
    I think it's because somebody else's success forces the individual to confront his/her own inadequacies and failures... but that's still no reason to be envious of the next person because you have no idea how hard he/she worked to get to that point...

    Congratulations on your successes!!

    ReplyDelete