This is my favorite time of the year, "The Retrospect," and "The looking ahead." A time to assess and to plan for the future.
I come to the year with a pocket full of wishes...I've noticed that those wishes don't change so much:
- better health,
- to lose weight,
- to work out more,
- to worry less,
- to have more money,
- to be wiser with the little bit of money I am given,
- to get somethings...lots of things fixed in my little house,
- to finish a book that I am proud of,
- to grow my blog enough so I can quit my second job,
- to be a great teacher and a better daughter/friend/person,
- to explore my creativity,
- to be stronger,
- to give myself credit for my successes,
- to be nicer.
"to give myself credit for my successes..." well I could start that here...
- I've lost 45 pounds
- I've completely changed my diet (no sugar, low fat and low carb) I feel so amazing because of it.
- I have joined a professional learning community on purpose and feel more inspired as a teacher because of it.
- I traveled someplace on a moments notice with a friend and had a blast.
- I know I have talked about this before...but my blog has gone from 25 readers to 124 followers, 55 who follow by email, 94 who follow by facebook and 254 twitter followers.
- My blog has gone from on average 30 hits a day (half of those coming from me) to on average 200. I know it isn't Pioneer Women numbers but it is incredible growth that I am truly proud.
- I have faced my immortality (liver disease)...sounds awful but it was extremely freeing. I have the choice how long I want to live (through the daily food choices I make)...and I have chosen to stick around a bit.
- I have grieved, I have loved, and I have learned. I hope to do it all some more...well except for the grieving part...that sucks.
What are you guys looking forward to for the new year?