Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Battery low...plug in time

Photo Shop
Time to plug in and recharge.  Mid-week is always the energy slump.

It could be my staying up ridiculously late last night.  I have a head cold and the only thing that would calm my scratchy pitiful throat was hot tea.  I failed to monitor my intake.  I am pretty sure I had two full gallons of hot tea between the hours of 10 pm and 1.  Not one of my best ideas. I thought I could hold my caffeine. Not so much...well once I got to sleep then the bladder would wake me up.  It was a constant tug-of-war all night. I am trying to be better today. Only consumed a single quart of tea...my throat is still killing me.  Maybe I haven't got the balance thing figured out yet.  Maybe my bladder will be happier.  Who am I kidding the closer I get to 40 the smaller that thing gets.

You know you are sick when you contemplate sleeping with a tissue rammed up your nose.  I've done it before.  The only problem is I woke up with it super glued to my forehead....well maybe that wasn't super glue. It felt like it.

On a side note...
The winds of May have started to blow through the school halls already.  Usually in May there is the secret shuffling that goes on at a school. Teachers jokey for better classrooms and different teaching positions.  It was early last year too but not nearly this early. I am pretty sure it has to do with the school budgets.  We are all nervous.  Shuffling around the same building is one thing but getting told you are being let go from a profession you love is a totally different.  The rumor mill is rolling on full steam.  Pretty sure I have a job next year, but really who knows.

I have been a writing machine. Job insecurity is a great motivator. I am truly happy with this book.  The last one was missing teeth, it had no voice. This one has all kinds of voice and purpose. I am at the half way spot and it feels great.  When all this other stuff...sickness, snotty tissues, and job worries strike I crawl into that book and the world is back to making since and I am recharged.  I look forward to sharing it with you all.  

1 comment: