Today I have been doing business. Got applications out to several companies looking for freelance writers. I started working on my business plan. It feels weird to write one for me. I have made them for so many other small companies...it feels great to be the one on the receiving end. I have a plan. I like how it feels, knowing what I want to do.
Lessons learned today:
- There are tons of resources out there for writers who want to take it pro. (see my publishing blog, ChubbyBunnysInk, for details.)
- When planning your future it is very tempting to do fake shopping. (Definition, "Fake Shopping" is when one goes to a website clicks add to cart on multiple items then when she become bored she clicks "x" and goes about her business having purchased nothing.)
- When I get my first "super check"...I am getting a MacBookPro with Retina display. I am in love with it. I have fake shopped it four times.
- I love grocery shopping but only when I can park in the same spot I always park in. If I have to park elsewhere the trip is a bust. All joy gone.
- On Ghost Hunters they call 3:00 am the witching hour...because they say they get the most activity at that time. I have to agree. My witching hour and most productive writing comes between midnight and 4 am. I will have to address this as we get closer to school. Till then...I'm living the sweet life rock star glasses and all.