Tuesday, August 30, 2011

RUN! Monsters are coming

Photo Source
I love a good thrill. It is probably why I teach drivers education and 7th grade.

I have decided that when I become grossly rich.  You know crazy rich with money everywhere like Richie Rich. I must have a full size Tyrannosauruses Rex in the foyer. I want the the animantronic experts from Disney to sync up the fossilized bones with the elaborate door bell.  I know pointless to stress about it but I have done hours of google searches and have a plan for the purchase and set up.  Just in case.  Better to be safe than sorry.  It was the our Girl Scout creed.

I am feeling better.  I know you all were worried.  The pneumonia is gone. I do have uncontrollable leg/foot/hand cramps.  I haven't slept through the night in a week an a half.  But at least I can breath.  It is all relative.

With the 60 hour work weeks and the pneumonia my writing has taken a back seat.  The family asked me when the last time I worked on my book? I couldn't come up with an answer.  Shamed I pulled it up and painfully hacked a sweet 250 words.  Not much but getting back into good habits are so stinking painful.  The head games are exhausting.  Not to mention the self doubt...it is enough to make you want to languish on facebook/tumblr and waste the day away. My advice to you if you have worked hard for your good habits don't let them go.

Any suggestions for getting back into the habit of writing?     

1 comment:

  1. Set your alarm to wake you up half an hour earlier than usual then spend that extra half hour writing diligently. That was how I was able to write my novels.

    ReplyDelete