Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just...saying

Photo Source
Ever find out you have a "word" that you say more than you ever knew? Have you noticed in horror it even infiltrates your writing?  Last year when I was writing "the novel" I think I used the word "just" about 22,784 times.  It is like I had a stutter...or tourettes. Or worse yet didn't know any other words. (I cringed writing that last sentence...painful.)  

So this time around...I go ahead and let myself write it, then go immediately back and erase it.  Otherwise I get stuck. It is like a stop sign til I get it out of my system.  Is this my OCD?  It might be.

Okay...I finally did it.  I broke down and bought Hunger Games.  I got it in the mail yesterday and started reading it last night at around 11.  You know thought I would pick up a few chapters then go to sleep. Well,  it feels like it has been a few minutes and I realize I have to go potty this happens sometimes late at night and I see it is freaking 2:30 AM...yikes!!! I get up at 5 AM.  You do the math...not a pretty day in ye 'ole classroom today. Bless their hearts.  Two more days and the week is done...then more reading time...just saying.

4 comments:

  1. I think I do that with the word 'really'.

    I guess it's safe to say you're enjoying the book. :) I hope the next two days pass quickly so you can get to reading in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! haha. I just LOVE reading a great book that pulls me in, and I forgot about the real world ... for awhile. :)

    I'm a new follower from the AtoZ Challenge. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I over-use the word "wonderful" - especially when commenting on blog posts!

    ReplyDelete