Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I am spent

Typing so much yesterday got me seeing spots. My typical writing binge has been a meager 500 words a day.  Yesterday was like a Thanksgiving day feast...at 2500 words.  Staggering to bed I was barely able to shower before I was out for the count. 

The flow of words yesterday was at times inspiring and other times painfully difficult.  Family trying to be helpful, I am sure, suggested that the best way to get over a momentary block was to do dishes, cook meals or the so very exciting walk the dogs.  It was as challenging to get those words to paper as it was to dodge the helpful suggestions. 

I am not sure how full time writers do this on a regular basis.  Even today I kept fighting the urge to stretch, and take that nap that is beckoning at the fringes of my conscientiousness.  Felt like the day after a tough workout, I didn't want to go near the gym nor do I feel like I am ready for the  fight to write these words.  Yet- after I hit publish for this I will again wrestle the same fights with dyslexia, grammar, spelling, and some times a dried pool of words. 

The end is in sight.  This  first stage is nearing the end and so many stories shudder through my being.   

There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein.
~Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment