Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Vacation Begins

Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states. ~Carol Welch

Woke up at the crack of dawn- meaning 8:30 this morning.  Headed off to the gym feeling good. No linger of a wheeze.  I am back in fighting shape.  After an exhausting weekend tieing up lose ends and taking care of family it was the perfect way to start the week.  The perfect start to summer.

Sweat pouring from every part of me and cardio had not even started.  Last summer I did cardio daily.  For multiple hours.  I was walking, swimming, jogging this year it is different for some reason I cannot capture.  I sweat on the floor during the muscle training.  Then get on the bike and can only last for fifteen minutes.  Last year there was a drive that felt like it was fear based- this year I have so many things going it is just something else on my list. This is the very reason that I have battled this my entire life, I have many things on my list.

It is this early morning workout that sets the tone for the day.  Before I can talk myself out of sitting with a hot laptop on my legs, out of cleaning, out of moving forward on the goals that I decided are important to me.    

I am fighting an up hill battle.  My mother is overweight.  My grandmother was overweight.  My great grandmother, and her mother are all farmers wives, chubby and hardworking.  I am corn fed Midwesterner from old German stock.  I am fighting history, for my health regardless of my list. 

Summer is a time of rededication to my goals regardless of my genes, my history.  It is time to let it go.    

Goal progress
1) Eat well.  Worked out and cardio done.
2) Wrote 250 words.
3) Muph...not so much progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment