Saturday, April 30, 2011

Zilly billy...

Photo Source
When my friends are in the middle of stressful, traumatic or sad times I have always done my very best to find something humorous to distract and to relieve.  Not trying to be annoying or inappropriate but too much grief and stress is bad for the soul we all need to laugh.  

Curious if this held up to scientific research  I looked into it.

I found that:

  • Laughing reduces pain.  It releases endorphins that are natural pain blockers.  
  • Strengthens immune system.  Belly laughs release T-cells and globulins that fight infections.  
  • Decreases stress.  When you are stressed your body releases cortisol.  When you laugh these levels are reduced back to your normal state.  
  • Increase oxygen levels in our blood stream like a mild work out. 
  • Lowers blood sugar.  For sufferers of Type 2 diabetes it was shown that if they watched a comedy while eating their blood sugar levels were lower.  
I think it is pretty clear.  We all need to laugh a little more.  Online what are the things that make you laugh the most? If you could link them so we all can get a chuckle.  


2 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for a site called tubecrush.net . Have a look, and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete