Sunday, July 10, 2011

Readaplooza

photo source
Every summer my mom would head to the library with three giant cloth bags.  We would be told that we could only get  ten books.  Only ten.  We would head home and disappear for days.  The house would be silent for days.  We would retreat to the sanctuary of our bedrooms and dive into the world of make believe.
Photo source
I loved those memories. Tangled in fluffy blankets, books clutched in one hand and only coming up for air when we were done.  I know it is those reading memories that made me so eager to write my own stories.  

What are your favorite reading memories?  


4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my childhood; we read that tiny library wall to wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved books so much when I was a kid. I was an absolutely voracious reader. My library card was my lifeline. Wish I had the time to read like that again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet memories, thanks for the treat.



    Good Evening:

    How divine when you come to poetry potluck,

    Week 43 is free verse week, submit 1 to 3 random poems, enjoy the fun!

    Hope to see you tonight.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have sweet, sweet public library memories from when I was a kid. I looked forward to our weekly visits like they were Christmas morning. We also had a "family reading time" every now and then where the whole family would gather up our respective books, magazines, or newspapers and lay in my parents' big bed and read. Such happy times.

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete