Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Must be My Gypsy blood

photo source
We are a proud people. 

Who don't like to stay in one place for very long.  

If it is flashy, jangly, furry, feathery, brightly colored with sequences and fringe we want to wear it.  
Photo Source
Evelyn, (sister, wife, mother and grandmother)- she was a gypsy.

Carried home with her, most of it fitting in her shrinking bag with an endless bottom.

Dark coarse hair mostly wild, like her spirit was her crowing glory.

The first to take your hand, and invite you on an adventure.

She always reminded you to put your feet in the water, no matter where you are.

Everyone's friend, everyone's mother.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Valerie. I like the way you incorporated the pictures with the poetry, because a picture tells a thousand words, right?! My ex-husband is Hungarian, and I sometimes joke with my daughters in particular (I have 4 grown children altogether, 2 of each) about the Transalvanian influence as they are both such meat lovers like their father.

    ReplyDelete