Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Trying Something New

After six days of being locked in doors we are all reaching for new ways to entertain ourselves.  

There is always cleaning and you know...doing taxes...but we wanted something fun.  Those don't qualify.  

The boy, who happens to be grounded, (bless his heart), so we really had to reach. He discovered his most favorite toy from about six years ago.  Hidden in the depths of his closet.  It is amazing the treasures you can find back there.  
Has been a long time since he played with his childhood toys.  I tried to act non-chalet. Snapping about a million pictures.  Trying to document the last drops of childhood without crying.  In a few seconds, it feels like he will be driving off to college.  And all I will have are these photos
to clutch onto and miss my boy, who didn't come through me but is a part of me.

Love you, little man. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post!

    Last night, I had my three year old in bed with me and he was just stroking my face . . . so I get what you mean . . . I'm going to miss that.

    ReplyDelete