Monday, February 21, 2011

Pretty sure I am a sucker

You all know, I work that second job, teaching drivers education.
Photo Source
It is not so much out of need of extra cash, although the cash is sweet.  It is guilt.  I am certain of it.

Even though it is time I could be at home blogging, commenting, and writing/rewriting I instead crawl in a Ford Focus on edge.  My foot arched high above the passenger side break thighs quaking ready to react with the agility of a ninja. Eyes darting about, with supersonic sensitivities I see all because I know the driver has no idea there were any cars around...well for that much that there are curbs, trees, fences, mailboxes, signs...

Photo Source



I digress, back to the guilt.  The nice man, that sometimes loses his mind, he gave me the job when I desperately needed it.  He let me make payments for lessons to get the certification to teach drivers education.  He has been sweet, supportive and like a father.  His business was booming and he expanded.  It was too soon.  Now he is understaffed.  So there I sit in that frightful car with those sweaty teens getting honked at, road raged, and my personal favorite getting every hateful hand gesture tossed my way when I really just want to be in my sweats with my dear laptop talking with you dear readers.

So bring on the 60-70 hour work weeks, the 6 hours of driving, the awkward conversations, the recycled stories of adventures.  In my mind I am thinking I will still see you, write to you, read and comment.  I hope.
Photo Source
However, I fear the neighbors may find me on the front porch like this.  Well minus the skirt, and heels but you get the idea.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of having to work 60+ hours a week. I did it all through my first 4 years of college... it almost killed me. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Valerie! Maybe we need to learn to take it easy. Easier said than done...

    ReplyDelete