Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Connected


Two chemicals called actin and myosin evolved eons ago to allow the muscles in insect wings to contract and relax. The same two proteins are responsible for the beating of the human heart.

~ Deepak Chopra


Photo Source

I grew up in a family that celebrates science.  As I have said before, instead of reading my sister and I children's books we were read National Geographic and Popular Science.  It has always interested me, but I feel like as an adult I understand it a lot less.  


This quote spoke to me.  In Africa watching the animals it was amazing how much they were like us.  Wanting their young to grow strong and happy, enjoying the companionship, eating and feeling the cool wind on their skin, and protective of their families.  Their patterns and routines are much like us.  They go to the delta in the evening to cool off and drink.  We head home to change into comfortable clothes and relax with a drink.  When little ones nap we watch them tucking hair behind their ears.  They watch licking their chubby faces.  


Today, go be in nature.  It is the perfect day for it.       

1 comment:

  1. I love the quote! It made me stop and think for a moment and feel thankful just for being alive.

    ReplyDelete