Thursday, March 10, 2011

Little good news, little poetry

I know there has been a recent flood of poetry.  It is how my mind works.   I will go back to mixing it up, next week.  I promise.  I have ideas but they are taking longer to write then the 45 minutes I have at the end of the day.

Good news:  I have a graphic artist excited about designing the cover to 'In Our God We Trust.'  I have a volunteer to  format my book for the kindle.  This makes me so beyond excited  I can't even tell you.  I might actually make that self imposed deadline of publication by July 4th.

On to the poetry...
Photo Source

There is a storm coming.

The trees have turned their back to me.

The flowers have closed their eyes.

We are all bracing for the wind speed.

Temperatures are tumbling from high cliff tops.

Cool air settles, smooths, covering burns. 

Dark, heavy clouds break the sea of azure blue,

cresting the neighbor's rooftops.

Violent wind, rebels angry from use.

Whipping the alarms into a frenzy

we duck and cover.

The storm rages on.


4 comments:

  1. Yay for finding a graphic artist! :) Beautiful poem. Lovely imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this one ends.

    I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR BOOK!!!!! Can't wait to read it. And hopefully once it's out you will write a detailed post about the entire process, looking back? I'd love to hear about all of it, start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Valerie!
    Am impressed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And what thrilling news about your book! My mum has a kindle, so I'll have to have a chat to her about this... :P

    ReplyDelete