Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Marching is working

I don't usually do any breaking news on my blog but I am beyond excited!  Just last Saturday, I marched with my fellow teachers on Austin.  Chanting "Save our Schools," it looks like it is starting to make a difference.  The news is breaking that Gov Rick Perry (aka Governor Good Hair) as come to an agreement with House leaders to use $3.2 billion of the slush fund to close the deficit in the current budget.  I know I can see you rolling your eyes...and hear the blah, blah...focus people!

This news means that the way is clear for a realistic budget to be agreed on, and education has a better chance of not getting the raw end of the deal.

If you have not yet let your voice be heard please call or go to who represents me. We have got to keep the pressure on our elected officials!  

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you participated in that. All we hear about here is how they are making budget cuts from the school system or cutting jobs and it's sickening. I don't even want kids but if I did, I would not want them to go to school in Charlotte-the system is wack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very important cause! And Marching is just as good for you as running- I am certain of it!

    Thank you for dropping by my blog. I am now following you too!

    Take Good Care!
    Self Care Girl

    http://myselfcareblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A step in the right direction...I'm proud of what you're doing!

    *JulieJ

    ReplyDelete