Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shout Out Sunday IV: The tradition continues

Photo Source
Rhee Drummond at Pioneer Woman falls into the category of one of the very first blogs I ever followed.  She is amazing in every way.  She is that older sister that everyone adores that does everything right and you love too much to completely hate. She is my blogging idol, with over 2 million hits a day.  That is freaking awesome!

Rhee has a great story of the city girl that fell in love with the cowboy, had 4 babies and a dog named Charlie.  I love the basset, Charlie.

Rhee has the most amazing directory of recipes.  I used them for Thanksgiving, Christmas, cookie swaps, and have a sinking suspension my family will get a little bit of Rhee for Easter.  The recipes have photo directions.  I can be honest, my cooking is...mech. I have good days but I don't like to read directions.  I don't understand all those crazy foodie terms.  She fixes all that with pictures.  Brilliant!

Photo Source
Jaden Hair at Steamy Kitchen has a professional career working with food.  She is on the Daytime Show twice a month.  Sounds pretty intimidating but her recipes are friendly. She has a huge catalog of healthy and different types of unique dishes.  Steamy Kitchen is where you go when you need something different and healthy.  She will hook you up every time.





 
Photo Source
Tina at Carrots and Cake is has a colorful blend of healthy eating and advice.  And what cracks me up is one day a week she does a post called blog dogs.  It is the series of the cutest pups on the web.  

Tina's specialty are the fast healthy recipes that don't taste virtuous.  

Tina is that friend that you go to when you have a question.  She knows a little about everything. On her blog also offers advice on a number of thoughtful topics about exercise, blogging, and buying a house.

I never realized how many food bloggers I follow.  This is a small taste, (haa, haa taste..get it) of the long super list.  For a girl who doesn't get in the kitchen I love to look at recipes and these ladies have made that possible.  Not only that but they have inspired me on a number of times into action.  

Have a great Sunday folks.
   

8 comments:

  1. I usually have the misfortune of reading food blogs late at night -- and that's how I end up eating sugar-and-cinnamon toast at midnight. :-) I have to learn to either have more ingredients on hand or stop reading food blogs!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haa, nice. It is like we are living the same life, but I am usually out of bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I giggled at the taste joke! I love CNC and look forward to Blog Dogs!

    I hear about Pioneer Woman all the time but have never read her blog. 2 million hits a day is ridiculous so she is obviously doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent countless sleepless nights when I found Rhee's blog. Did you seem my post of when I met her? I love food,too...yummmmm!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vivian I totally did too. I did see it...I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Sunday Shout-out posts! I'm already way tight with Ree, but have never visited the other two blogs. I'm always searching for new recipes, so this post came along at just the right time. When my pants don't fit in 2 weeks, I'll know exactly who to blame :) Have a great week!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeesh, 2 million hits a day... i'd be too scared to post to that many people! haha. thanks for stopping by my blog of about 50-100 hits a day, much more manageable and far fewer people to disappoint with meaningless dribble. :D

    food blogs, aren't they addicting? i love simply breakfast and orangette the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teehee, I'm already a follower of these three women! Perhaps I should order Ree's books from book depository...

    ReplyDelete