Felt like I could feel the powdery sand on the surface the picture was so clear. I am not sure how long I was looking. The graduate student that was assigned my telescope was very busy chatting it up with the handsome man that had come to visit. I could hear their chatter but was not paying it much attention. Well, until it abruptly stopped and was followed by, "Shit, you need to stop! You are going to burn your retinas." I stood up with a quickness only to find that it was too late. For 3 hours the only thing I could see in my right eye was a giant whit ball. Great!
So the lesson for tonight, only look at it in small burst.
After a week of cool spring days we are in the middle of a heat wave. We hit 87 degrees in the house yesterday. It was super hot. I am desperately trying to save electricity and milk along my limping air-conditioner.
Tips for keeping cool:
- Watch Christmas movies- the snow looks wonderfully cold.
- Drink a lot.
- Turn on fans- if air is blowing on you it helps a little.
- Take a cold shower- it is awesome, albeit a bit jarring at first but then heavenly.
- Eat cold food- Ice cream is your friend, don't be shy. Plus you get the added benefit of being able to open up the freezer door.
- Run errands- any excuse to get out of the house take it!