Monday, March 14, 2011

Secondhand shop hop

I am not one that enjoys shopping.  I worked retail for 7 years of my young life.  I cannot enjoy the experience anymore. I constantly feel like I am getting ripped off.

Pre-birthday I admit I was a bit upset.  I am officially on the downhill slide of my 30s.  It was sad day.  To try and cheer myself up I made a list of 36 things to accomplish the year I turn 36.  I have been slowly chopping away at that list.

Today, on a whim I swung the old lady wagon into the parking lot of the thrift store near my house.  It was a blast!  All clothes were a $1.00.  There was furniture, beautiful vase and art work.  I found a little prize, for $10.00


Okay, so the picture did have a tiny glare from the lights in the family room.  When I put it on the counter the lady said, "You got a picture of the presidents." She smiled and looked at me a little crazy.  I hated to correct her.  I smiled and nodded.

The numbered print is of the Scopes Trial. I can't make out the name of the artist.  If you can, please comment would love to research him/her.  I clearly see a J Cl.....I got nothing.
Pretty sure I will be back there.  My advice today, go on a little adventure today and visit a place you wouldn't normally go.  You may find a prize. 

8 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Blog Hop (little boys are made of frogs and snails and puppy dog tails). I'm now following you on GFC. I guess you could say this was my adventure for the day and finding your blog was my prize! Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely!! I, too, dislike shopping (an emergency 2 hour clothes shop yesterday for an interview was miserable) unless it involves food shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great piece of artwork! I love secondhand shopping! You never know what you'll find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent find! I think I see "Kelly" or something similar after your "Cl" shape. Good luck on your search. I'll keep checking in, too, for info! :)
    (fyi - I have questions about the "Donate" button. Is there a specific cause or just your writing you're looking to support? I support both, jus' sayin') :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, New follower came through blog hop...you can visit me at http://seemask.blogspot.com
    http://potspansandspices.blogspot.com
    http://cakes4ralloccasion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Common Sense Musician- I don't see Kelly at all, but will totally give it a shot. Readers pay for journals, newspapers, magazines if they enjoy and would like to donate that is fantastic and totally fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see J Chorley or J Clorey--not sure which! By the way, I read your post on She Writes--how in god's name do you get four hours a day to write? I'd love four hours!

    ReplyDelete