Monday, March 21, 2011

~Creativity~


Photo Source

Definition of Creative- 
Having originality of thought, imagination.

For those of you that are new to my humble little blog, the search for how creativity works and where it comes from have been a regular interest to me.  

As a writer there is a state in the process of writing, where words come from some other place. It feels that the story is not coming from my mind but instead flowing from around me and through me.  The researchers label this as flow.  

Flow rocks! 

The problem with flow is she is elusive. There is always fear I won't find her. Some days I don't, but man when I do it is amazing the wonderful things that are created. 

I wrote a guest post on creativity for a good friend of mine, Lauren at Ladaisi.   

4 comments:

  1. There are few better feelings than a day in the writing flow zone! And what a sense of achievement afterwards.
    Will go with the flow over to the other blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guest post on creativity! I was just talking with my husband about that very thing last night, specifically the idea that you can't be afraid to make mistakes, not be perfect. You get better at writing by writing, not by thinking about writing. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was excellent...gave me lots to think about :) By the way, very cool picture at the top of this post!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flow is elusive and has been missing for a month around my parts

    ReplyDelete